It may seem daunting to understand all the benefits you may be eligible for as the spouse of a disabled veteran.
These benefits could include health insurance, federal or state job hiring preference, commissary and exchange privileges and more.
While no list can cover all the benefits you are entitled to, this page will help you to know what you are entitled to, and how to get the benefits you deserve.
As a spouse of a disabled veteran you may be eligible for:
- VA Education Benefits
- VA Pension
- Readjustment Counseling
- Educational and Career Counseling
- Commissary Privileges (If Sponsor 100% Disabled)
- Exchange Privileges (If Sponsor 100% Disabled)
- Military ID Card (If Sponsor 100% Disabled)
- Dependency & Indemnity Compensation (For Surviving Spouses)
- Possible Federal Hiring Preference
- State Specific Benefits
- Burial in VA Cemetery
- Burial in Arlington National Cemetery (If sponsor was awarded Purple Heart, Silver Star or above)
- Inurnment in Arlington National Cemetery
- Burial at Sea
Keep Up with the Ins and Outs of Military Life
For the latest military news and tips on military family benefits and more, subscribe to Military.com and have the information you need delivered directly to your inbox.