The Sexual Trauma Intensive Outpatient Program, or IOP, is designed to help active-duty service members who have mental health conditions related to sexual trauma. The trauma need not be related to one's military service.
Active-duty members stationed in the continental U.S. who are enrolled in any Tricare plan -- other than the U.S. Family Health Plan -- are eligible for the program.
Participants must have a diagnosis from a Tricare-authorized or military mental health provider, a pre-authorization and referral, and live within daily travel distance of one of the locations where treatment will be provided.
Since this is a pilot program, treatment will be offered only at the following locations:
- California -- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare at San Diego Hospital
- Colorado -- Denver Springs Help for Heroes in Englewood
- Mississippi -- Oceans Behavioral Hospital in Biloxi
- Texas -- Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio
- Texas -- Oceans Behavioral Hospital in Waco
- Utah -- Behavioral Health Strong Hope Military Program in Salt Lake City
- Washington -- Madigan Army Medical Center at Joint Base Lewis-McChord
The pilot outpatient program, which runs through Aug. 31, 2021, will provide mental health care, support and other benefits to enrollees. Participants will also be given access to local community resources and support systems as part of their ongoing treatment.
Anyone interested in the program should speak to their health care provider.