MHS Genesis is the Defense Department's new electronic health records system, designed to provide a single health record for service members, veterans, and their families. It replaces the Tricare Online Patient Portal (TOL PP).
The goal of the MHS Genesis Patient Portal is to standardize processes across the branches of the U.S. armed forces and to allow health care recipients to be fully engaged in their care. The system's secure technology is designed to manage health data, including inpatient and outpatient information.
Accessing the MHS Genesis Patient Portal
To access the MHS Genesis Patient Portal, visit my.mhsgenesis.health.mil and log on using one of the following methods:
- With your Department of Defense Self-Service (DS) Logon
- With your common access card (CAC)
- Using a Personal Identity Verification (PIV)
MHS Genesis Patient Portal Features
The secure website is designed to allow 24/7 access to your health information, including managing appointments and exchanging messages with your care team.
Available Health Care Services
Using these online systems, you can:
- Book or cancel appointments
- Request prescription refills and renewals
- Exchange messages with your health care team
- See, download and send your health data
- View laboratory tests results and selected radiology reports
- Look up health information related to your health concerns, results, and prescriptions
With the TOL PP phasing out, patients will eventually no longer be able to access their health data and secure messages on that platform. Learn how to download your Tricare Online Patient Portal data and messages.